المراجعة النهائية فى مادة اللغة الإنجليزية - الجزء الثامن| القصة
The Prisoner of Zenda
20)Rassendyll, Sapt and
Fritz took ten brave and strong gentlemen that they trusted to hunt
down Michael. What reason did they give to the gentlemen?
They told the gentlemen that Duke Michael was holding a friend of the King as a prisoner and it was their job to set him free.
21) What did Johann tell Rassendyll about the real King's condition?
He told him that the King was ill and weak.
22) Why does Rassendyll say that he was forced to stab Max Holf to death?
It was war. He had to do it to rescue the King.
23) What did the Chief of Police in Strelsau tell Rassendyll (the King) about what they had learnt about the real Rassendyll?
They had found his bags at the train station and they thought he was travelling with Madame de Mauban.
24) Why was Michael keeping Madame de Mauban as a prisoner in his mansion?
because he knew that she had warned Rassendyll at the summer house.
25) Why was Rose angry with Rudolf at breakfast?
She was angry because Rudolf didn’t want to work or have any responsibilities.
26) Why did Rassendyll decide to go to Ruritania?
He wanted to see the coronation of the new King of Ruritania.
27) Why did the innkeeper like Duke Michael more than the King?
Duke Michael had always lived in Ruritania and cared about the people. The King had lived abroad and the people didn’t know him.
28) How could the old castle of Zenda be reached? How could the mansion be reached?
The old castle could be reached only by a drawbridge. The mansion could be reached by a road
29) Why did Duke Michael poison the King?
He didn’t want him to be crowned King the next day. / He wanted to prevent him from going to the coronation.
30) How long did Rassendyll expect to pretend to be the King?
He expected to pretend to be the King for one day / until midnight.
31) Why was Sapt anxious when Rassendyll rode through the old part of town alone?
Sapt thought the people in the old part of town might hurt him because they didn’t like the King.
32) How did Rassendyll and Sapt get a permit to leave the city?
Sapt was able to copy the King’s signature onto a form.
33) How did Duke Michael know that Rassendyll was not the real King?
Duke Michael knew that the real King had been poisoned
and was at the hunting lodge. / His men (must have) sent him a message
that the King was asleep at the hunting lodge.
34) Why did the men who came to the lodge have spades with them?
They had spades because they were going to bury Josef’s body.
35) Why did Rassendyll continue to pretend to be the King after the coronation day?
Because the real King was missing from the lodge/taken by Michael’s men.
36) Who is Detchard?
Detchard is an Englishman who is one of Duke Michael’s special soldiers/Six Men.
37) Why did Rassendyll remember Rose’s words about responsibilities when he left Princess Flavia’s palace?
Because he suddenly realised that he had always wanted
a quiet life but now he had many responsibilities and he wondered how
he had got into that situation.
38) What did Antoinette tell Rassendyll when he went to the summer house?
She told him that Michael’s men were planning to kill him there and that he must leave before they came.
39) How did Sapt react when Rassendyll almost told Princess Flavia the truth of who he was?
Sapt’s face was angry but he calmly told Rassendyll that someone was waiting to see him.
40) What did Sapt want Rassendyll to do at the ball?
Sapt wanted Rassendyll to propose to يعرضالزواجعلي Princess Flavia.
41) Where was Bernenstein when he was shot?
Bernenstein was alone in the woods near the house at Tarlenheim.
42) Why did the King’s prison have a large stone pipe leading to the moat?
If the Duke killed the King, he would put his body into the moat through the pipe.
43) Why do you think Johann was willing to act as a spy for Rassendyll?
Because he didn’t like the Duke. / Because he wanted to help the King. / Because he was paid a lot of money.
44) What happened at the house at Tarlenheim on the night Rassendyll’s men attacked thecastle?
There was music and bright lights so that it looked like there was a ball.
45) Why did Rupert attack Antoinette?
Rupert attacked Antoinette because he learnt that she had been writing to Rassendyll.
46) What two people were with the King when Rassendyll entered the King’s prison room?
Detchard and the doctor were with the King.
47) Why do you think Michael’s servants did not put down their weapons when Rupert toldthem to?
They were loyal to the Duke, who had just been killed.
/ They knew that Rupert was not their boss. /They were angry that
Rupert had killed the Duke.
48) Why did Rassendyll stay in the woods after the fight at the castle?
He did not want anyone to see him because they would think he was the King.
49) At the end of the story, Rassendyll refused to work for Sir Jacob. Rose considered this a great loss. Illustrate.
Rose thought that if Rassendyll worked for Sir Jacob,
he might become an ambassador one day. She thought that if he didn't go
to Ruritania, he wouldn't be anybody important. Rassendyll refused to go
because he took the place of the King when he was in Ruritania and if
he went back there, this would cause him problems.
50) If Fritz and Sapt hadn't been loyal to the King, what would have happened?
If they hadn't been loyal to the King, Michael would have killed the King. Michael would have taken the crown.
51) What would Rassendyll have done if he had been greedy for power?
He would have killed both the King and Michael and he would have stayed as King.
52) What would have happened if Rassendyll had been killed at the summer house?
If Rassendyll had been killed at the summer house, Michael would have killed the real King and become King.
53) What did Sapt do to protect Rassendyll from Michael's men?
He ordered six men to follow Rassendyll wherever he went in the capital.
54) Rassendyll's ability to think well and act quickly was evident واضحة at the summer house. Explain?
Rassendyll was almost trapped at the summer house. He
used an iron chair to defend himself against Michael's men. The table
top hit them and they all fell down the steps. Rassendyll fell down too,
but he managed to get up fastest and run away. If he hadn't thought
well and acted quickly, he would have died.
55) Although Johann and Max Holf were brothers, they were completely different. Discuss.
Johann was a good man. He worked for Duke Michael only
because he was afraid of him and not because he liked him. He believed
that everyone in the castle was a criminal except the King. He agreed to
work as a spy for Rassendyll because he wanted to save the King.
Max was an evil man. He helped Michael to carry out
his evil plans. He helped to put up the pipe to the prison window which
would be used to get rid of the King's body after killing him.
56) Rudolf Rassendyll
was just the right person to replace the King of Ruritania, but he was
not good at remembering all the rules or the people he had met. How did
he manage to solve this problem?
He was just the right person because he looked exactly
like the King. As he couldn't remember all the rules or the people he
had met, he became very good at pretending that he had forgotten them so
that people wouldn't notice that he was not the real King.
57) Rassendyll did not
only manage to play the role of the King, but he also helped to change
the real King's image in poor people's minds. Illustrate.
The poor people didn't like the real King because he
was only interested in food and hunting and he didn't care about them.
He almost lived all his life abroad. Rassendyll rode his horse alone
among the poor people in the old part of the town. People felt that he
trusted them. They knew that he was not a distant بعيد King. When he
bought flowers from the little poor girl on his way to Flavia's house,
people felt that he cared about them. In fact, he helped to stop people
thinking badly about the King.